Our Vision for your Child
Ofsted 2018 "The ethos of the school is successfully built on it's Christian values ... Provision for pupils' spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is strong. Pupils are proud to belong to the school".
We want St Werburgh's to take your child on a fulfilling journey in which they grow, not only academically, but grow also in their personality and character. We want them to not only excel in literacy and numeracy, but also possess good personal qualities, values, attitudes and skills that are essential for a fulfilling life and successful learning for the future.
Please take time to explore this vision. We have expressed it in the words a Year 6 child might say as they leave St Werburgh's at the end of their time with us.
Values & Attitudes
- I am able to forgive others and I am prepared to admit when I am wrong and say sorry.
- I know I am an individual and there is no-one else quite like me. I have my own gifts and talents.
- I have high self esteem and I am confident.
- I am resilient. I can persevere and don’t give up easily when things are hard.
- I am prepared to take some “risks” and have a go. I learn when I make mistakes.
- I know the difference between right and wrong and I try hard to make the right choices.
- I know that if I work hard I can chose to be what I aspire to be.
- I enjoy asking questions and investigating the wonders of the scientific world around me.
- I know who I am, where I come from and where I fit into the wider world.
- I have respect for everyone, even though we are all different.
- I know all about the life of Jesus. I know Jesus is my friend and that God is my loving father.
- I know about other religions of the World.
- I know how important it is to be healthy. This means I exercise and eat a healthy diet.
- I know how to keep myself safe.
- I know about events in the past and famous people and how they affect the world today.
- I know all about my community, my country and other countries and cultures of the world.
- I know about the science of living things and the world around me.
- I have really good literacy skills. I read for pleasure and I know why this is important. I can use these skills in my life.
- I have really good numeracy skills. I can apply them to solve problems in everyday life.
- I am a confident communicator. I can express myself very well in a variety of ways for a variety or reasons.
- I can co-operate with other children and work well as part of a team.
- I enjoy using drama, dance, music and art to express my feelings and ideas creatively.
- I know what I am good at and what I need to learn more about and I am happy to do this. I am a reflective learner.
- I am independent but I know when to ask for help. I also like to help others.
- I am a thinker and use logic and reasoning skills in my learning and life.